This is a full-time position responsible for day to day examination of title and legal documents and must pay close attention to details. Must exhibit strong communication and teamwork skills in order to effectively and efficiently coordinate title search operations with internal and outside services. Use logical thought processes while problem solving, take initiative to plan and prioritize work, and be adaptable to changing work requirements. Requires an understanding of technology, a pleasant phone demeanor, and clear writing skills.
- Perform title examination and analysis requiring a high level of title expertise
- Perform title examinations and examine the chain of title for a wide range of title orders to determine legal condition of property title, primarily residential
- Analyzes records, such as mortgages, liens, judgments, easements, vital statistics, and plat and map books, to determine ownership and legal restrictions, and verify legal description of property and completeness of records
- Autonomously resolves issues from an underwriting standpoint and directs the closing department as to how to correct items such as missing, incomplete, inaccurate or contradictory information contained in the title documentation. Reviews complex legal documents to determine how they affect insurability.
- Compile informational reports from abstracts.
- Utilize online resources, courthouse computer systems, and courthouse records to provide accurate and timely reports
- Prepares initial title commitment documentation based on the application of procedural guidelines
- Prepares and reviews reports for accuracy
- May provide underwriting interpretation within established guidelines
- Review, correct and update run sheets, deed plots, and flowcharts for abstracts and title opinions
- Review deeds, mortgages, easements, judgments and tax assessments
- Read and analyze surveys for title insurance purposes, including metes and bounds descriptions
- Advises and assists partners in clearing any title defects, and within limits, makes decisions as to insurability of title based on policy, precedent, and applicable laws. Refers complex problems and high liability cases to supervisor or more senior title officer.
- Provide customer service to internal and external partners
- Other responsibilities, as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Technology
- Working knowledge of real property laws, examining and underwriting policies and procedures, title insurance policies, endorsements, services and pricing
- Must possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Quality & detail centric approach
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong research & investigative skills
- Analytical skills, requiring accuracy and concentration
- Strong proficiency with various title agency software systems
- Standard Microsoft skills
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university (preferred, but not required)
- Must currently hold Title Producer License
- 2+ years directly related experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
License or Certification
- Title Producer License
- State license(s) where applicable
For consideration, please submit your resume to email@example.com.