Floating Escrow Closer
This is a full-time position responsible for preparation and examination of title, lending, and legal documents for closing real estate transactions. Must be organized, detail oriented, motivated with a pleasant and positive attitude, and able to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously. Must have a thorough understanding for the parameters and requirements of an escrow closer. Will travel and support various offices located in the St. Louis area.
- Supervise and manage the escrow closing process
- Accurately calculate and manage all financial matters related to the closing transaction (e.g., prorate taxes, interest, payoff amounts, insurance)
- Establish and maintain escrow account
- Respond to questions regarding closing documents
- Complete real estate transactions by determining requirements, preparing and reviewing closing documents, accurately calculating and preparing settlement statements
- Willingness to learn and develop within the title industry
- Communicating at all times to customers in a way that is helpful and positive
- Reviewing title commitments promptly to address issues well ahead of closing date
- Protecting nonpublic customer information and adhere to strict confidentiality policies and procedures
- Willingly assisting other closing teammates where needed
- High attention to detail, well organized, and the ability to multi-task
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to work without direct supervision
- Ability to make independent judgments and exercise discretion on matters affecting title while protecting the company
- Ability to diplomatically handle and resolve any complaints or disputes surrounding the entire closing transaction
- Travel to various Hillsboro Title Company offices
- Other duties as assigned
- Two years closing experience in the title or lending environment
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance and punctuality
- Proficiency in Office 365
- Excellent phone etiquette with the ability to handle multiple phone lines
- Associates degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Bachelor’s degree in business management, finance or related field preferred.
- Currently hold or obtain a Missouri Insurance Provider License within 30 days
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Strong problem-solving skills
Hillsboro Title offers a full package of benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a Health Spending Account (HSA), paid time off, and a 401(k) retirement plan with matching.
For consideration, please submit your resume to email@example.com.